Monday 5 May 2008

30?! Really?!

Birthdays are so much more fun with children around! Simon gave me a present before he left for work - before James and Eleanor were up. As he left, he mentioned that James had something for me (in case James forgot). James emerged not long after, saw the present on my bed, and scampered back to his room, gabbling about a present in his cupboard that he was getting for me. He brought it in climbed up on the bed with me and said Happy Birthday, before letting me open my own present! Then he (therefore we!) had to sing happy birthday! Then he wanted cake and candles! So tonight we got a delicious orange chocolate mud cake, and Simon put plenty of candles on it (which James helped me blow out 3 times!). He loved the cake, and eager Eleanor had a tiny bit, too!James also helped me open the nine squishy envelopes which have arrived as part of the EB Quilters' birthday FQ swap. I'll post about them properly when they have all arrived, but here's a peek for Adds who couldn't wait!There were also several more cards, and (yippee!) a parcel containing this:

7 comments:

Helen said...

Happy 30th Emma! Sounds like a great day! Look at all those black and white FQ's! A great haul and more to come?!

thehummingcat said...

Hapy Happy 30th Birthday Emma! It soundls like you had a fabulous day (minus the work bit, lol) Thanks for the pic of all your FQ; very delish!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emma! It sounds like you had a great day and that fabric looks gorgeous.

AJ said...

Happy Birthday Emma!! Love E's big eyes looking at the cake!!

Juni said...

Happy Birthday! 30?! Is that all?! :) Hope you've had a great day.

Juni said...

Oh, trust me, that didn't come out right :( 30 is wonderful, enjoy it. :) You shall always be our spring chicken! :) Hehe..

Ellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA