Saturday 31 May 2008

Knitting!


James noticed one of my scarves last week. We had quite a chat about it, which ended with him telling me, "That's Mummy's scarf, James doesn't have a scarf." So I told him I would knit him one. I pulled out some of the fluffy 'wools' and fat needles I bought several years ago, and set to work. My knitting is extremely basic, so chunky needles and wool serve several purposes. First, progress is quick; and second, they hide a multitude of sins - missed and gained stitches and the like!

James watched with interest and wanted to do it himself. I did let him sit in my lap and hold the needles while I did a bit, but it's very difficult that way (especially with Eleanor also clambering over me and pulling the wool)! He then appeared this morning with the in-progress scarf, telling me, "I knit!", and holding an empty needle. Luckily it was the one which I had just poked through the scarf, and not the one holding all the stitches. His idea of knitting is to poke it in and out!

I finished it in a rush (minus the fringe) this morning, in case it was cold at the park this afternoon while we were at a first birthday party.

2 comments:

~Niki~ said...

I have a new quilter's list blog if you'd like to join, we'd love to have you join us.
http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
Quilty hugs!
niki

Little Munchkins said...

I love those wooly scarfs. Just wish I could knit. And congrats on being published in APQ.