Monday 9 February 2009

Safe

Only a few days ago I was marvelling that South Australia had come through such an incredibly hot heatwave without a big fire incident. If only that had held true for our eastern states. Firestorms far worse the Black Friday and Ash Wednesday (something we couldn't imagine days ago) have wreaked havoc through Victoria. So far everyone I know appears to be safe, but already I know of friends who have lost loved ones. We can only hope it doesn't get too much worse, and join the wave of people donating and volunteering to provide relief in Australia's worst ever disaster. Please contact Red Cross to donate.

1 comment:

dottycookie said...

I'm glad you and yours are safe. We're watching the reports over here in disbelief, and I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to witness this happening in your own country.

Thanks for the link.