Sunday 22 March 2009

Tropical Ice

This is a commissioned quilt I have just finished and will be posting tomorrow. It's called Tropical Ice because I designed the pink blocks surrounding the centre based on the pineapple block, and the bluey background looks so icy.


Jess mentioned she loves Peter Rabbit, so I used some of the fabric left over from Eleanor's play quilt in the star centres.
Here's the block I designed:
I really like the effect, and have drafted several other quilts using the same or a similar block in different colours and layouts for use one day.
Most of the quilting is stippling in the background, plus a little in-the-ditch, and some radiating lines across the logs.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ooh it's gorgeous Emmma, I can't wait to receive it. I am sure it is even more beautiful in person.

Thanks again.