Monday 29 June 2009

Medallion

It's done! Well, the quilting, at least. I still have to trim, bind and label it. Here are a few photos of the quilting from the back.
The square above is just over 24in; the feathered heart is 10.5in across at its widest point. It's far from perfect, but the imperfections are less obvious from the front, where the fabric
is busier. I marked the heart's spine, and the inner and outer hit-lines in a blue clover water-soluble pen. It went on well, and after taking these photos, I pressed a wet cloth over ther heart, and it seems to have come out well - though it's still wet now. I varied a little from what I could remember we decided to do, because when I tested out some of the ideas on scraps, they looked wrong. The leaves worked well, though.

So far I've spent about 9 hours on it. I'll show the whole thing once the binding is on.

6 comments:

Beena said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it finished!

By the way, Geta has her tutorial shadow trapunto tutorial ready!

Xena said...

Wow! Your quilts always impress me beyond words.

MY SPACE said...

You are too clever!!! Such an inspiration!

Esther Aliu said...

Emma,
I love your quilting can't wait to see the front.How do you manage to do it all?
Love your machine.
esther

thehummingcat said...

V nice, can't wait to have a squiz at the front.

Lily Mulholland said...

Great quilting Emma. Can't wait to see the front!