Monday 3 August 2009

Quilting

I've had a busy weekend. I'll see if I can find time to share some of the dramas, but as well as a fancy dinner out, friends to dinner and lots of housework, this weekend I've finished 2 quilts (except their labels) and another just needs the rest of the binding hand-stitching on the back. This is Extra Love and I'll show it properly when I can photograph it properly (1am is not a good time for that!).
I've had more issues with my machine skipping stitches while FMQing 'backwards'. Other than the skipped stitches, I'm delighted with my quilting on this one.
Although it's definitely not the whole problem, it seems it really doesn't like 40wt thread, even the gorgeous King Tut stuff, so I might have to investigate some 50wt thread options. Any suggestions? It needs to be good quality and have a good range, and the variegated threads needs to change colour every inch or so, not every 3-4 inches.

3 comments:

Eila said...

Words are not enough to tell how beautiful it is! Truly wonderful work! I am your big fan! :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Are you using a sz. 80 topstitching needle and loosening your tension a tiny bit? Free motions is where most problems occur. When feeding with the feed dogs the machines behave properly. When FMQ the fabric is moved at irregular speeds and machine tries to compensate.

Gina said...

It's gorgeous

Love and hugs Gina xxx