Friday 30 October 2009

Another beach quilt

Nothing's sewn yet, but I'm building up the bottom level of the next beach quilt on the foundations. I pin each piece roughly in place as I cut thm out. Fabric selection ssi done by placing the translucent foundation over the fabric(s) I'm auditioning until something looks right, then I cut with both rotary cutters and scissors, using the foundation (and the pieces already on it) as a rough guide. It's a very inexact method, and I end up with very holey fabric, but the results are usually great. Here I have four of the six foundations laid out; the two on the right have all their fabrics, the other two are part done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous!

I've never tried foundation piecing - just read about it. It seems like a really cool way to put blocks together. I'll be watching the progress of this beach quilt with interest :-)

(Hi, by the way - I think this is my first comment on your blog. I've been reading for a while: loving your work!)