Tuesday 7 June 2011

Another star

I've just finshed piecing the quilt top, and am about to sandwich it ready for quilting - after I collect Eleanor from her kindergarten visit and James from his first school excursion (they went on the train to the Adelaide Botanic Gardens). They'll both need a good nap once they've had some afternoon tea, which should eb plenty fo time to sandwich and start quilting. I still haven't settled on a quilting design yet, though I do have a few ideas. It can't be anything too complicated, because I'm running out of time! In the meantime, here's a third star:


This one uses both the turquoise prints with silver highlights, and has a lovely, glittery sheen. I'm thinking of using silver thread to quilt the stars.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Silver thread would be perfect! I saw a quilt with snowflakes at the longarmer's being done that way, and the effect was really, really neat.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I was going to suggest quilting snowflakes with silver thread, but LynCC said it first.

Peta said...

sounds like a perfect quilting solution. How big is the final quilt going to be?

Nancy Page said...

What can I say, this is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.