Wednesday 22 June 2011

Seating arrangements

For my birthday, Simon took me to choose a stool for sewing; something I've been wanting for a long while. It's been on order for over a month, but this weekend I finally was able to collect it. It's higher than my old chair would go, which should put me in a much better position for quilting - it's good for piecing, but I haven't tested it out on quilting yet, and that's where I expect the real benefit; it should save a lot of shoulder ache. It's also good for cutting and other fiddly jobs; we have wooden floor-boards and too long spent standing on them can make my feet sore, so this provides an alternative. The one downside is I have a spare desk-chair floating around the study with nowhere to put it for now!


Eleanor loves it. Here she is fishing with some beaded thread - she was catching pink, stripey fish of course!!!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh, how cute!

Lynette said...

I really need to get me a stool, too!