Saturday 11 June 2011

Terrain by Kate Spain

I was lucky enough a little while ago to be one of the winners of a bag of strips of Terrain from Kate Spain's own blog, and my jam-packed envelope arrived yesterday. Just look at all this gorgeousness!


I had the most fun possible ironing, discovering and admiring the prints as I went. I'm guessing they must be offcuts from cutting pre-cuts (jelly rolls, layer cakes, charm packs, etc...) because they almost all have pinked (zigzag) edges. How nice that these can be used instead of wasted!


My parcel contained strips of varying widths of over half the 38 prints in the range, including my two absolute favourites; the two on the top of the sizeable pile below:


I can't wait to finish the quilts I have urgent deadlines for and start sewing with these. As I'm working on other quilts I'm busy mulling over design options in my head. Terrain is due out in September (that seems a long time away, though not so far off now that I have some in my hands!) and I'll definitely be buying more. Thank you Kate!

4 comments:

thehummingcat said...

You lucky thing, are you going to share the love??

Angella P said...

We already have the precuts available in Australia! And I agree the range is to die for, well almost. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I sooo wanted one of those!! Congratulations you lucky girl ;p

Kate D. Spain said...

Emma, you're very welcome! So happy to see you're already having fun with Terrain. Can't wait to see what you end up making with it. I see that Pete missed a couple of the prints..sorry bout that! But so glad he included two of your favorites :) hugs and happy sewing! xo, kate