Monday 22 August 2011

Applique and quilting machines

I got stuck into a new project tonight. I've wasted the last few evenings mucking around with dozens of designs (most of which I'll never get around to making) instead of getting on with what I need to do. It felt so much better to be sitting at the sewing machine!


This applique is done using a buttonhole stitch - it always comes out so neatly. I want to keep going with it, but am waiting for a few fabrics to arrive to finish the centre applique. I did do some inital preparation for the borders, but don't want to add any more until the centre is done - it will just get in the way.

I'm currently investigating a sewing machine upgrade, too. I think it'll be a while before I have the space for a longarm, so am considering the Bernina 820. I've got a good quote, and I'm making a list of things I want to test throughly (and make sure the machine has) before I go and check it out. My research so far has found almost totally positive reviews; I'd love to hear anyone's experiences with this machine?

I'll also have to sell my Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 - let me know if you're interested.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

félicitations Emma ton blog est superbe !!!!!!!
j'aime beaucoup tes ouvrages ........
bisous de France

Joan said...

Emma - the 820 is a fantastic machine....I was also looking at the Sweet Sixteen...a mid arm...they are about the same price...but you get so much more with the 820, and the throat space is terrific!

Chris said...

What about the Janome Horizon?