Saturday 6 August 2011

Kaleidoscopic

Once all the butterflies were cut, I piled them in order of size, then started placing them on the quilt, largest first.


I'm using Lite Steam-a-Seam2, which has the great advantage that once the second backing paper is removed, you can position the butterflies on the background and, with a gentle press of the hand, they'll hold their place properly until pressed permanently with an iron (unless you choose to reposition them) even while shifting it back and forth across the ironing board, and all the moving that involves with a large quilt.

3 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Every butterfly is beautiful, in such a variety of shapes and colors. I don't know what you're planning to do with them, but I know it will be wonderful.

Lynette said...

I salute the amount of cutting you did!! ;D Those are gorgeous. This is going to be a really neat quilt. (And yes, love that lite steam-a-seam2!)

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

OOOOOOH I am patiently waiting to see this gorgeous one all done!!!