Sunday 29 April 2012

Stamina

I don't think I have the patience or the stamina to quilt the way I want! I love the results, imperfect though they may be. But I can't believe how much there is still to go! My shoulders and neck are in revolt! And I'm revising my border quilting plan - madly trying to think of something which won't take quite as long. This isn't a show quilt I'm working on, just a magazine project, and think common sense needs to take hold! On the other hand, it does feel good to be quilting like this. All I can say is I'm glad it's only lap size! Oh, and that I'm glad I chose a solid backing, so my all work really shows!


This is the main part of each block; I haven't done any of the quilting around this one yet. Looking at it now, I realise it's the one block where I made a mistake in the quilting. Oh, well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks fun Emma! I know about the stiff shoulders and neck however! :)

FlourishingPalms said...

Really pretty, Emma. If you weren't such a perfectionist, and you hadn't pointed out the "mistake," no one would notice it. I think it adds character. Beautiful work, once again, though I'm sorry it's being a real pain!