Saturday 4 May 2013

Foundation piecing

Although as far as I'm concerned, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages, removing the papers is definitely the downside of foundation piecing. However, it's made far better when you have a 5-year-old assistant who just wants to hold the bowl (for all the paper scraps) in exactly the right place for you, and have a cute conversation. Thank you Eleanor!


It certainly made the process much more enjoyable, and got I all the blocks done this afternoon. One of my favourites is above. This evening I've joined all the block, added the first border, and am no auditioning the main border. I couldn't find a batik matching what I had in mind anywhere, but have found a print (from my stash - even better!) which gives the right effect. It's just not quite the colour I'd intended, so I'm not rushing into a choice.

No comments: