Saturday 18 October 2014

Change

After more than seven years, I've finally made a few changes to the look of Sampaguita Quilts. In all that time, I've only tinkered around the edges, and the look of the blog has remained quite consistent. I don't like change, and I really did like the way it was, so it was a long time coming - and I've actually kept it pretty minimal although the changes are quite obvious.

Over the years I've had a few sporadic comments from people who found the pale text on black background difficult to read, but what really spurred me on (yes - several months ago!) was a few more of them when I was unfortunately forced into pushing you into coming here to read instead of being able to read all the content in a reader after I had content stolen. I didn't ignore those comments; I was coming to grips with the necessity, and sporadically finding time to look at the options and test out new headers etc...

In the end, I've kept the colour scheme but changed the colours around - and really haven't changed much else. I don't love the new look, but I can live with it. I plan to rotate the header on a semi regular basis - but then again, the current one fits nicely with the colour scheme, so maybe it'll stay!

In the meantime, I'm happy to take feedback - is it easier to read? I can't promise quick action though!


(I recently took some styled photos of a few of my quilts, deliberately showing plenty of the backings,
to potentially go in the next Kennard & Kennard backing fabric catalogue)

8 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

It is much easier on the eyes now :) I find change is hard too, but not for the same reason.....I'm not tech savvy and have to research and learn how to do anything ;-)

Schulz Family said...

definitely easier to read than the black

Mary said...

Yes much easier to read. Thank you for changing it.
Mary

kaypaul said...

I don't find it easier to read. Perhaps if a different colour were used for the type and/or the font were a little bigger, that would help. On my monitor, your bio is much easier for me to read than your blog content.

celkalee said...

While I do find this easier to read my reason for reading is to see your stunning quilts! I change my blog elements all the time. I am restless and always moving furniture, rearranging cupboards, and a general mix it up mind set. Not my fault I think, I learned it from my Mother!

Audrey said...

Definitely easier to read. Love your work. Thank you for sharing.

Aunt TC said...

Thank you for explaining why I get an email and then have to go to your site. It seemed so labor intensive that sometimes I don't bother. I do like the frequency of your posts. I don't want every day. I prefer to be hoping that you or another favorite blogger will post soon. Thank you for asking for input. In the end, it's your decision as it's your site.

J Perl said...

It definitely is easier to read. I, too, hate change - built our 2nd home in 1981 and I still have the furniture in the same place throughout the house! Love your blog!