Sunday 5 October 2014

Gathering thoughts

I'm still gathering my thoughts for a summary post on my classes at AMQF, but I have to say Jamie Wallen was my unquestionable highlight. I did a Thread Fusion class with him yesterday morning and was blown away. I learned so much, and had so much fun! WA girls, he's heading Perth this weekend, and I advise you to drop everything and get into his class(es) any way you can!


 (Magpie lark on the footbridge)



At the end of the day, this time with camera in hand, I decided to wander over the new footbridge towards Adelaide Oval and act like a tourist for a while.


(Festival Centre behind the waterfeature off the side of the new footbridge)

Today I'm piecing though. I've a stack of water prints out, but I'm not working on a beach scene. Instead, so far I've created three of these gradations from dark to light, to which I'm going to add some appliqued sections.


This quilt is headed for Australian Homespun next year, so there will only be peeks until then.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Emma-look forward to reading about it. I'm sorry I couldn't make it this year but hope to in 2 years if they are running it.

LuAnn Kessi said...

Hi Emma……love how this water theme is going. Looking forward to seeing it next year.
My Best to You,
LuAnn
luannkessi.blogspot.com